Dr. Pham, joined by Dr. Rutkoski, specializes in performing bariatric surgery. Dr. Pham's practice is dedicated to helping the obese lose weight and start leading a healthier lifestyle. We make it a priority to establish long-lasting personal relationships with our patients so that they can more easily maintain their new, healthier lifestyle.
We recognize how difficult it is for people to decide to take the courageous step of opting for bariatric surgery, and we handle each patient with the utmost compassion and respect. We make a commitment to see our patients through the entire process, including educating them about how to lead a healthier lifestyle in the future.
Our goal is not only to get you to and through surgery, but to make sure you are completely prepared in advanced and have all the support you need to be successful, not just at surgery, not just a year out, but for a lifetime.
At Dr. Pham's practice, you will meet with your surgeon right at your very first appointment, not just right before surgery, because this life-changing decision should be with someone you have a relationship with, not just someone with a certificate and a lab coat.
At Buffalo Minimally Invasive Weight Loss Surgical Solutions, it's about YOU, and your Weight is over!
Dr. Dang Tuan Pham
Doctor of Medicine 1982 - University of Paris VI, Pierre et Marie Curie Broussais-Hotel Dieu Faculty of Medicine, Paris, FRANCE
Post Doctoral Training:
- 1984 - 1990 - Surgical Residency, Baystate Medical Center, Western Campus of Tufts University School of Medicine
- 1982 - 1984 - Neurosurgical Internship, Ste Anne Neurological Center, Paris, France
- 1982 - Rotating Emergency Medicine and Surgical Internship, Vernon Regional Hospital, Vernon, France
Licensure & Certification:
- Certification American Board of Surgery - 1991 - present (Re-certified in 1999 and 2009)
- Physician Registration License - 2008 - present - The University of the State of New York Office of Professions
- Physician License, Board of Medicine - 2002 - present - Department of Consumer & Industry Services State of Michigan
- ACLS Certified Instructor, Course Director and Affiliate Faculty - 1995 - present
- American College of Surgeons
- American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgeons
- International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders
- Society of American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons
- Society for the Surgery of Alimentary Tract
Areas of Special Clinical Interest:
Endoscopy, Minimally Invasive Surgery (Basic and Advanced), Hand Assisted Laparoscopic Surgery, Bariatric Surgery, Oncologic Surgery, Hernias, Hemorrhoids, Breast Surgery
Dr. John D. Rutkoski
• Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
• Postbaccalaureate Program, Duquesne University, Pittsburgh, PA
• Master of Physician Assistant (MPA), Duquesne University, Pittsburgh, PA
• Bachelor of Health Sciences (BHS), Duquesne University, Pittsburgh, PA
• Minimally Invasive Surgery. The Valley Hospital, Ridgewood, NJ
• Pediatric Surgical Critical Care and Trauma. Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC.
• Allegheny General Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA, University Hospital of Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA.
• The Western Pennsylvania Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA, University Hospital of Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
Licensure & Certification:
• New York State Board of Medicine
• Pennsylvania State Board of Medicine
• American Board of Surgery; General Surgery (April 2013)
• American Board of Surgery; Surgical Critical Care (April 2013)
• da Vinci® Surgical System Training for Console Surgeon
• American Board of Surgery Fundamentals of Laparoscopic Surgery
• International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity & Metabolic Disorders
• American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
• Society of Robotic Surgeons
• Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons
• American College of Surgeons
• Christian Medical and Dental Association
• American Medical Association